Stat Counter

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Adventure Begins

Kaselehlie! [Ka-sa-leh-lia, meaning hello]

My JVC journey has finally begun! I am currently sitting in the airport waiting a few extra hours for my delayed flight to take me to Scranton, Pennsylvania. What might I be doing in Scranton? JVC International Orientation, of course! Two weeks of time (mostly) cut off from the rest of the world for all of the new JVC international volunteers to meet each other, learn about international service, and prepare our hearts to make the most of this incredible opportunity. JVC sends volunteers to 6 international locations and I can't wait to meet everyone. There are actually 3 different JV communities in FSM (one on Pohnpei and two on Chuk), so all 6 of us new volunteers will hang out a bunch at orientation and fly together to FSM on July 24th.

This is happening, and I couldn't be more excited. Woo.

As of now, I also don't have a cell phone! So, if you text me I sadly will not get it. But fear not, there are many ways to reach me!

Email: ehagenfsm14@gmail.com or ehagen@westmont.edu

Facebook/Instagram (emilyhagen)

Here, on this blog!

Or (and this is my favorite)...good old fashioned snail mail! Want to send me a letter? Really love me and want to send me and my community mates a flat rate box full of love? You totally can! I still don't really know why, but praise God that the Federated States of Micronesia is on the US Postal System. Slap a normal American stamp on a letter or pay normal American price for a flat rate box (must be a flat rate box or I'll never see it...), put my address on that baby, and it'll get to me in 2-3 weeks!

You can find me at:

Emily Hagen
Jesuit Volunteers
PO Box 160
Pohnpei, FM 96941

And if you write to me I promise to write you back!

Thank you so much for the support and love. I feel so, so, so supported as I embark on this adventure and so, so, so loved. I do not go to FSM alone, you're all goin' with me, and I couldn't be happier.

Here's to adventure and growth, to being totally out of my comfort zone but perfectly safe in the palm of God's hand, exactly where I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment